DIY TASSEL EARRINGS
Easy to follow step by step instructions
Are you as crazy for tassel earrings as I am?
I’ve been aching to try and make some tassel earrings for ages but today is the first time I actually got around to it! Both the kids had play dates to keep them occupied so that freed me up a bit to mess about and create!
I had a little dig around in my cotton stash and settled for a black, a coral and a taupe colour to make the earrings with, then found the rest of the tools.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I promise to only recommend products that I have reviewed personally or that I have used and think you might like to use too.
This is what to do
1. Firstly, pick the colour you’d like to have as the tassel colour. I went with the coral.
2. Wrap the tassel colour around your chosen object (e.g. your passport) 100 times! Yes, 100!
3. Pull your hard work off and tie on your second colour, apx 1 inch from the end.
4. Carefully wrap the second colour (black in my case) around the tassel until there’s 1 inch left at the other end.
5. Tie the two ends together.
6. Tie on your third colour (taupe) and wrap around the join you just made. Tie off and trim.
7. Trim the end of the tassel
8. Fix the jump ring and the earring hook in place
9. Do it all again!
10. Show off your new creations! Yey you!!
Fun huh! Now you know the basics you can make them in a gazillion colour combos (ok, maybe not a gazillion, but you know what I mean!)
I just love ’em!