SUPER EASY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
A few months ago I published my first soup-er easy chicken soup recipe.
Today I’m bringing you the remake. Take 2, if you like.
Whereas the first installment was great for when you’re feeling bloated and want to eat cleaner, this recipe is a true winter warmer.
I’m going to have to give props to my Mum and Dad for this one as I’ve been eating this soup for as long as I can remember.
This is also a great recipe for getting the most out of your Sunday roast chicken. If you want to stretch that chicken as far as you can and get every pennies worth out of it, this is the recipe for you. So next Sunday, save the chicken juices/stock as well as the chicken and the bones.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leftover chicken (I’m talking a full chicken that you’ve carved from during the Sunday roast, bones and all)
- Leftover chicken stock
- 1 large leek/5 small leeks, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 cup of penne pasta or pasta shells
- 2 tins of chicken and mushroom soup
- 500mls of water
Here’s what to do:
- Put the water in a large pot with the chicken bones and stock, …bring to the boil
- Turn down and simmer for apx 1 hour
- Remove the chicken and bones from the pot and put on a plate to cool
- Add the carrots, potatoes, celery and pasta to the pot and bring to the boil again. Cook for apx 20mins or until ingredients are tender. Reduce to simmer
- Once the chicken has cooled enough to touch, pick off all the chicken and put back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients
- Add the two tins of chicken and mushroom soup and continue simmering until the tinned soup has heated through.
- Serve with chunky, buttered bread
Want to grab this handy printable recipe card and have all the ingredients and instructions in one place?
Grab my free printable PDF recipe card NOW!
Yuh-uh-um! Your belly will thank you!