SUPER EASY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE…
Feeling a little bogged down and bloated? Wanting to eat cleanly for a bit but don’t want to spend a fortune on ingredients? Or maybe you’re just stuck for a yummy and easy lunch recipe to make in bulk for the week.
Whatever it is, this super easy chicken soup recipe will sort it all out! I make a big batch and it makes about seven servings so it’s perfect for a healthy weekly lunch stash.
What you’ll need:
- Cooked chicken leftovers (either have a roast dinner the night before and keep the leftover chicken and bones, or buy a cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket.)
- 150g celery cut into chunks
- 150g carrots cut into chunks
- 150g leeks or onion cut into chunks
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 2tsp chili flakes
- 1tsp garlic salt
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 – 3 litres water
What to do:
- Put the water, chicken, ground pepper, garlic salt, chili flakes and cayenne pepper in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for about an hour or so. Go and put your feet up.
- Remove the chicken meat and bones and place on a plate to cool.
- Add in all the chunks of celery, leeks/onions and carrots.
- Turn up the heat a bit and cook until the veggies are soft.
- Remove the chicken meat from the bones and add the meat to the soup.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
Ta da! All done! It’s not the most glamorous soup in the world, but it is yummy and it’s clean, healthy and good for you. You can mess around with the spices and ingredients as you like. Add more chili flakes for a spicier version. Add some courgettes or mushrooms for more veggie goodness.
If you’d like all the ingredients and instructions on one handy sheet, then I’m happy to help!
Grab my free printable recipe card NOW!
Let me know how you go.
P.S. If you like what you read, please share this post so others can enjoy too and I can keep the ‘wine’ flowing!